Friday, October 9, 2009

Heart Walk




This past weekend I was fortunate enough to participate in another 5K. This time walking for the American Heart Association. I along with 11 of my friends and family walked and enjoyed each others company for a cause near and dear to my heart! We raised a little cash and I did an interview which made my children think I was a movie star! The most amazing part was that a year earlier(one day shy) my world was turned upside down as I had known it. For the next year my faith, strength and mental health would be tested like never before. I like to think I turned out o.k. I'm proud of myself for making it through the daily stress, living and pain of all the surgeries and obstacles. But, my greatest achievement is that my faith never faltered. In fact it grew and gave me the ability to not only get through, but with grace. I think more of my friends and family were taking it harder than myself. I actually cherish what I have learned from my journey. This month has been one filled with more accomplishments and fulfillment than I've ever had in my life. I can't wait to see what the rest of my journey holds!




*Click on news article to read in detail*




No comments:

Post a Comment