Monday, December 19, 2011

A New Year

A couple of years ago I started really focusing on New Years resolutions. I guess you can start them at anytime really. But mine, just so happened to occur around Jan. 1st. I was refocusing my life and trying to figure out my purpose. To tell you the truth, I think we all have many purposes in life. Mine, as far as I can tell, is to serve God, be the best mother/friend/wife I can be and to help others through my life experiences. Basically, to make a difference as best I can!

2010 was my most fullfilling year accomplishment wise. I tested my strength, and gave myself goals, feeling a sense of empowerment when I hit them. I did things I never thought I would do and was amazed at how much fun a year could be. The best part of the year was that I never thought with balancing children, work, family and friends, that I would have any time for fun! I certainly proved myself wrong! Often my children, family, friends and co-workers were included! I think 2010 was one of the best years of my life to be honest.

2011 was a year of giving back. I was so grateful to so much in my life, I decided to make 2011 of giving back and helping others achieve there goals. I was a support, I educated, I focused tremedously on raising money for an organization I truly believe in. Also, along the way without going into detail....I 100%, know I made a difference and helped some along their pathway of life:) To give back was not just rewarding, it filled my heart like never before! I did however learn so much about myself. I never realized how far a simple thank you went. To be completely selfless without a reward is one of the most humbling lessons I've ever had to learn. Yes, we all love to help others but sometimes our reward is to say, "hey, look what I did". Not to have the world know, but for at least a few friends to know. My purpose was to help others without a single sole knowing. Again, much harder to do than you would think. But, I did it....not just a few times, but many and let me tell you, the reward to see someone else achieve their goal or dreams is completly undescribable.

Soon after the year started, I suffered a stroke. I could have used recovery, or my many issues when recovering from a stroke as an excuse. But, I remained focused and driven on my New Years resolution. Sure, I have the typical resolutions...stay in shape, diet, ect......I truly value my New Years resolutions. I learned in 2010 how much sticking to them could change my life completly. Well, 2011 was no different. Sticking to my resolution, along with the help of many of you, helped me remain focused and never give up. These New Year resolutions drive me, mold me, test my character and teach me along my journey! With them I have accomplished more in two years than I ever have dreamed of. A focus is what drives me and pushes me to keep plugging along, even when the path gets tough. The ultimate decision on how my path will go is God's plan for me. But, he gave me a level head. He blessed us with free will and the ability to learn, grow and experience life. He blessed us with choices. I can't change what has happened to me but I do see that I have a clean canvas in front of me. Here and there, a drop of paint will splatter on my pretty picture. But, it's up to me to use it as a surprisingly unique splatter or to say my picture is ruined. Many times I know I make the wrong decisions and my first reaction is not the best, but if I step back & realize that every day is a new day and that I can fill it with the right choices, I tend to see things more positively!

So, what it's in store for 2012. Well, as I've learned my life is unpredictable and sometimes overwhelming. So, I'm gonna take all that I can & turn it into a positive. I am going to make this year about focusing on fulfilling my DREAMS. Big and small. I've learned that if you are happy, everything else will fall into place. Some of my dreams are going to more difficult to acheive than others but I'm determined to reach them. Some dreams might be fulfilled by an adventure or challenge. All I know is that why wait for dreams? Why wait and make excuse after excuse to accomplish them. I know that no matter what I do in life, I can always find a reason not to do something.

I've learned throughout my last 2 years that mistakes are ok. They are just stepping stones. Hey, if I didn't fail, then when would I learn anything? They make me learn more about myself and see a better way to achieve my goals in life. Sometimes, even what I thought were failures were actually blessings in disguise. They have actually lead to my greatest achievements. Funny sometimes how things work out. So, as I start taking the steps to fulfilling some of my dreams that I've been making "excuses" for, I will have to continue to remind myself that even if it's a baby step, it's still a step in the right direction. I'll never be 100%, sure I can achieve my dreams, but I can be 100% sure doing nothing won't work. All I know at this point is to go for it! Either I succeed or I learn something. How can I lose?

So, my friends and loved ones as we start a new year, I challenge you this year to find a New Years resolution! A focus that will drive you and inspire you! I promise you your life will never be the same! I hope to follow you and celebrate your life achievements just as you encourage and celebrate mine! Thank you all always for your never ending support and encouragement!!

P.S. Jamie truly misses my adventures & so do I! So, I've added them back in again. Not at the
same pace because remember I have dreams to fulfill but if you have any let us know!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Anne - my resolution will be to read this blog at the beginning of each month! Blessings, Mike

    ReplyDelete